The Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Advisory Team
Our Early Years Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Advisory Team provides support to
- Parents and Carers
- Early Years settings such as Childminders and Nurseries
- Pre-schools and Schools
The team includes Early Years Advisory Teachers and Specialist Practitioners.
We ensure that your child receives the best support we can offer. We will do an initial assessment with you and your child either at home, or in their early years setting.
When your child is ready to attend an early years setting, we will work with you and the setting:
- to help them settle in
- to build on your child's skills
- to encourage their progress in play, learning and communication
- to identify any extra support your child may need
We also work with and can receive referrals from other professionals such as
- any Health Professional e.g. Paediatrician, Speech and Language Therapist, Audiologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist etc.
We will continue to work with your child until they transfer to school.
Who to contact
- 0300 300 4364 0300 300 4364
Last updated: 16/06/2022