Bedfordshire Police - Pegasus scheme
Our Pegasus scheme is for people who find it hard to communicate with us – we keep your pre-registered information safe on our computer and we can access it quickly if you call us. You don't need to repeat all your details.
Who can register?
- Anyone who has a disability or illness that may make it hard to communicate with the police in an emergency or difficult situation.
- Registration is free.
How it works
- You’ll be issued with a card and a personal identification number (PIN) and if you need to call us, say 'Pegasus', tell us your PIN and we’ll access your details right away, which will save you time.
- You can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff if you need assistance in person and they’ll know you may need extra help and support.
- You can change or update your details at any time.
- If you agree, we'll share your Pegasus information with other participating emergency services (fire, ambulance) and local authorities.
Who to contact
- Beds Police Pegasus Scheme
- Scan to visit this website
Pegasus terms and conditions
- Your information will be stored on a secure database owned by the police.
- Access to the database is controlled, but we may share your details with our partners, such as other emergency services, so they can help you.
- If you’re under 18 you must have your parent or guardian's consent.
- Once a year we'll write to you to check the information.
Last updated: 04/08/2022