Chiltern Outreach & Training
The Chiltern Special School SEND Outreach Service offers an extended range of support by working collaboratively with mainstream schools to build capacity and confidence in meeting the needs of a wider range of children and young people with SEND.
The service is for:
- Schools within Central Bedfordshire (South - The Chiltern School, North - Ivel Valley School)
- Children/young people in Year 1 to Year 11 with a range of special educational needs (who require support beyond the Universal level - with or without a diagnosis and with or without an EHCP)
- Reception children with a Central Bedfordshire EHCP
- Out of County children/young people with a Central Bedfordshire EHCP
The Chiltern Special School SEND Outreach Service is a school-based service. Support may include:
- Observation of the child/young person
- Meeting with the child/young person
- Meetings with SENDCo/teaching staff
- Meeting with the child/young person’s family
- Written recommendations/advice
- Staff training on a range of SEND topics, including Manual Handling, Autism Awareness and bespoke training needs.
Who to contact
- Chiltern Outreach & Training
- Scan to visit this website
- Referral Details
To meet the criteria for a request for consultation, the school needs to provide evidence of at least two completed cycles of the APDR (assess, plan, do, review) process. This will show how strategies have been implemented to support the child or young person and the impact of this.
If schools wish to make a referral to The Chiltern Special School SEND Outreach, they can complete the single referral form
Last updated: 17/08/2022