Being a Parent of a child affected by Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Aims to provide enjoyable and effective parenting support for parents of children affected by ASD.
The sessions are interactive and informal and delivered by trained parents who have first-hand experience of the joys and challenges of having a child affected by ASD.
We look at
- The experience of being a parent of a child affected by ASD
- Understanding your child and the ways in which they are affected by ASD.
- Help with communication, interaction and playing with children with ASD.
- Everyday strategies and routines to influence development and manage the effects of ASD on children.
- Ways to manage behaviour and meet children’s needs.
- Preventing, managing and recovering from ‘melt-downs’.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Colette Fletcher
- 01582 660061 01582 660061
A FREE 10 week programme run by parents for Mums, Dads & Carers who have a child affected by Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Where to go
- Via ZOOM
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Tuesday evenings 8.00 - 9.30 pm (term time only) beginning 17 January 2023
- Time of day
- Free, booking essential
Last updated: 15/12/2022