Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
IPSEA is a volunteer-based organisation and many of the volunteers providing telephone advice and support at tribunals are themselves parents of children with special educational needs who have been helped by IPSEA in the past.
IPSEA offers free and independent advice on local authorities (LA) legal duties to assess and provide for children with special educational needs. Independent advice and information on special needs education, based on the law.
IPSEA's Advice Line is the number to call with any question or problem you have concerning your child's education.
Who to contact
- Office: 01799 582030 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) Office: 01799 582030 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Scan to visit this website
For Tribunals, call the Tribunal Helpline on 0845 602 9579.
Helpline opening times:
- Mon/Tues/Wed: 10:00am - 4:00pm and 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Weekends and Bank Holidays: Closed
Please note, our admin office staff are unable to give advice – if you have a query relating to your child’s SEND, please book a helpline appointment on our website.
Where to go
- Independent Parental Special Education Advice (IPSEA)
- CB10 1EJ
- View CB10 1EJ on a map
Last updated: 13/10/2021