Do you have an Autistic Child?
Being a parent of an autistic child is a free course for local parents and carers of children with autism (they do not have to have received a diagnosis).
This interactive and informal course is delivered online via Zoom. It is run over ten weeks by trained parent group facilitators who have first-hand experience of the joys and challenges of having an autistic child.
We look at
- The experience of being a parent of an autistic child
- Understanding your autistic child
- Help with communication, interaction and playing with your autistic child
- Everyday strategies and routines to assist your autistic child
- Understanding your autistic child's behaviour so you can meet their needs.
- Understanding 'overwhelm/melt-downs’ to prevent and helpfully manage recovery
By the end of the course, you will have:
- increased confidence in your parenting
- positive parenting skills to improve the quality of the interactions you have with your child
Who to contact
- 01582 660061 01582 660061
Where to go
- Via ZOOM
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Tuesday mornings 10.00 - 11.30 am (term time only) beginning 25 April 2023
- Time of day
- Free, booking essential
Last updated: 31/03/2023