Feedback, Comments, Concerns and Complaints

To make sure our SEND services works for you, we always need your feedback. Have your say and tell us what you'd like to see, what we’ve missed and what we can do to improve the information and support we provide.

If you want to make a compliment or complaint about another organisation or service, please first contact them direct. They are best placed to resolve any issues.

You said, we did - SEND / Local Offer feedback

We want to continuously improve our SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) Local Offer to ensure that it is meeting the needs of local families and individuals. You may have suggestions and ideas about how we could improve our Local Offer website. 

We welcome any comments and feedback on the website content and accessibility. Parents/carers, young people and our staff have worked together to make this information relevant and informative.

Please let us know your feedback by emailing  about what you like, and what we could include.

Our response to your feedback so far

Working Together (Co-production)

In Central Bedfordshire there is a collective commitment to joint working and implementing best practice when working with SEND children, young people, and parents across three key areas: effective communication, empowering people and being solution focused. 

More information about Working Together

Making a complaint about SEND services

We will always aim to resolve any concerns raised by parents/carers or young people and would encourage you to speak to the service you are working with to discuss any issues. However, if you feel that the quality or standard of service provided to you has fallen short and you wish to raise a complaint this guide will help to explain the process.

Find out more about making a complaint.

Concerns about health treatment

Get Your Rights explains how to get the most out of the NHS and your rights when making decisions and choices about healthcare.

Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire is the independent champion for people using local health and social care services. Its team listens to what people like about services and what could be improved and share those views with those with the power to make change happen.

Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS)

What is PALS ?

PALS can help when you have concerns about the treatment and care you have received. PALS provides confidential advice and will help to resolve problems or issues that you have about the services.

More information on the NHS website.

PALS for NHS services in our area

To find PALS services for other NHS providers search the NHS Choices website.

Compliments and complaints about schools

If you would like to make a compliment/complaint about a school, please contact the school to discuss it first. 

Follow all the steps in the school’s complaints procedure to make a formal complaint. Every school in England must have one. It’s often on the school’s website and should tell you the kind of complaints the school deals with. 

Complain about a School

Complain about an academy, post-16 institution, or appeal panel

Complain about a regional director’s decision

More information can also be found on the IPSEA website.

Complain about a provider Ofsted inspects or regulates

How to make a complaint to Ofsted about services they inspect and/or regulate, or about Ofsted’s representatives or service.

Ofsted Complaints Procedure

Safeguarding Concerns

Below are links to information if you have any safeguarding concerns:

Safeguarding Children and Young People

Safeguarding in Education

Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults

How to raise a safeguarding concern - NHS England

Raising concerns about a social care, health or housing provider