Young Person’s Sanctuary
Young Person’s Sanctuaries are safe, non-judgemental spaces that you can come to if you find yourself in crisis or mental distress in the evenings. You will be met by a trained youth mental health worker who will listen and help you identify ways to address the problems you are facing.
Who are the Young Person’s Sanctuaries for?
- Young people (14-17yrs) who are experiencing severe mental distress or crisis.
- Young people are welcome to bring anyone from their support system.
- Young people do not need to be known to mental health services to attend.
What can you expect?
- A safe, non-judgemental, and relaxed space
- A confidential one-to-one session with a trained mental health worker
- Support to identify coping mechanisms and building emotional resilience
- A step-by-step tailored guide on how to access support and keep safe
Do you need an appointment?
Each Young Person Sanctuary is now operating a drop-in service and an appointment is not required.
Leighton Buzzard; Meadow Way Community Centre, Leighton Buzzard LU7 3XY
Opening times: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 4pm – 10pm
Houghton Regis; Houghton Regis Children’s Centre, Tithe Farm Neighbourhood Centre, Tithe Farm Road, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, LU5 5JB
Opening times: Monday and Tuesday 4pm – 10pm
Sandy; Sandy Children’s Centre, Laburnum Road, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 1HQ
Opening times: Saturday and Sunday 4pm – 10pm
Last updated: 13/02/2024